Junior Researcher (PhD Student) in the field of Cognitive and/or Educational Psychology (M/F)
• Full-time/40 hrs
• Post available from February 1, 2011.
• Fixed-term contract for 2 years (with the possibility to prolong for another year)
• The junior researcher will be a member of the EMACS research unit (Educational Measures and Applied Cognitive Sciences) within the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education.
• Contribute to research in the field of multilingualism and numerical cognition and specifically investigate the influence of language on mathematical processes
• Write a thesis in the domain of Cognitive and/or Educational Psychology
• Manage data collection, including preparation and organization of experimental studies
• Train and coordinate field workers administering experimental tasks
• Disseminate findings in peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences
• Outstanding master’s degree or a diploma in Psychology (preferably in the area of educational and/or cognitive psychology)
• Excellent knowledge in the area of educational/cognitive psychology, especially for numerical cognition, language development and multilingualism
• Strong research skills
• Excellent knowledge of multivariate statistical analyses; experimental test designs and programming
• Sound knowledge of specific software (Office programs, SPSS, Eprime)
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Excellent language skills in German and French as the fieldwork and experimental part will be conducted in those two languages, as well as an excellent command of English (written and spoken) for scientific publications
For further information please contact: Sonja Ugen (+352) 46 66 44 – 9681 | Email: email@example.com
• Completion of a PhD degree in excellent work conditions and within an international collaboration network.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
• Motivation letter; Curriculum vitae; List of publications (if available); Copies of diplomas.
• The names and contact details of two academic referees (including MA dissertation/thesis supervisor where applicable).
Application End : February 1, 2011 The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
Please address your application in English or French until February 1, 2011 to:
Mrs. Solange WIRTZ (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary of the Research Unit EMACS
University of Luxembourg,
Campus Walferdange BP 2
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.