Organisme de formation agréé par arrêté ministériel du 10.08.2016
The European Certificate in Psychology (EuroPsy) is in a consultation and experimenting stage in 6 European Union Member State countries (i.e., Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom), and cannot be obtained yet in Luxembourg.
However, a provisional website is already online below for information and consultation purposes.
EuroPsy ready to enter experimenting stage in Luxembourg soon.
What is EuroPsy ?
The EuroPsy is a European standard of education and training in Psychology, which enables individual psychologists to be recognized as having a European-level qualification and aids them in pursuing a career in different member countries of the European Union (EU). Luxembourg psychologists wishing to move for professional reasons to an other country within the EU may contact the SLP executive board for further information.
For further information on the European Certificate in Psychology (EuroPsy) visit www.europsy-efpa.eu
Eligibility conditions for psychologists resident in Luxembourg to be awarded the European Certificate in Psychology (EuroPsy)
Individual psychologists resident in Luxembourg are eligible to be listed in the Register of EuroPsy Psychologists and to hold the EuroPsy if they:
- have obtained a master’s degree in Psychology at the University of Luxembourg (UL)* or completed a foreign academic curriculum in Psychology considered equivalent by Luxembourg legislation, provided the curriculum has a duration equivalent to at least 5 years of full-time study (300 ECTS)** and the academic degree has been inscribed in the Luxembourg Register of Higher Education Titles,
- have shown evidence of supervised practice as a psychologist-practitioner in training for the duration of not less than 1 year of full-time work (or its equivalent), and of satisfactory performance of this work as evaluated by their supervisors,***
- and have agreed to abide by the Meta-Code on Ethics of the European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations (EFPA) and submitted a pledge to the SLP Standing Committee on Recognition that they will conduct professional activities in accordance with the code of ethics of the national association of psychology in the country of practice.
* Recognized curricula and degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (University of Luxembourg, UL)
- Master of Science in Psychology ‘Evaluation and Assessment’ (UL)
N.B. other national degrees awarded for instance by the Luxembourg Lifelong Learning Center (e.g. “bachelor-equivalent degree in work psychology) or the Open University are not automatically recognized, but will be considered on a case by case basis.
** A special arrangement applies for psychologists having successfully completed their obligatory 2-year internship in psychology for pursuing a psychologist’s career in the Luxembourg public service, as in this case the prescribed curricular duration is set to a minimum of 4 years.
*** Psychologists having successfully completed their obligatory 2-year internship in psychology for pursuing a psychologist’s career in the Luxembourg public service (viz. ADEM, CPOS, EDIFF) are automatically fulfilling this criterion.
Application and Appeal Procedures
In order to obtain the EuroPsy the applicant must submit an application (forms downloadable below) to the National Awarding Committee in Luxembourg or intended country of practice. For appeal procedures in case of rejection refer to articles 27-30 in the information booklet (downloadable below). Application information in French (not available yet) and in German (not available yet).
The European Certificate is valid for a period of 7 years, but can be re-issued for purposes of revalidation (see information booklet, article 5).
National Awarding Committee (NAC)
Letzebuerger Gesellschaft fir Psychologie (Luxembourg Psychological Society)
Applications have to be sent to the following postal address:
Société Luxembourgeoise de Psychologie (SLP) a.s.b.l.
NAC Members (2005-2007):
Dr. Gilles Michaux (chairperson), Dr. Vera Heitz, Bob Reuter, Claudia de Boer, n.n.
EuroPsy Coordinator for Luxembourg: email@example.com
- free registration for members of the Luxembourg Psychological Society
- 30 Euro for non-members (N.B. application will only be processed after payment)
Postal Cheque Account:
LU97 1111 0536 7837 0000 (IBAN)
A Supervisor is a qualified psychologist who, within the past 3 years, has at least 2 years of full time work or equivalent experience as an independent practitioner (recognised as qualified by the NAC), within a professional context and who is responsible for the acquisition and assessment of professional competence by a Practitioner-in-Training in that professional context.
If no recognised supervisor is available in the workplace and thus no intervision possible, an external supervisor may be appointed.
Recognised supervisors that may be contacted in that case:
Tel. (+352) 021-306268 or (+352) 770529
EuroPsy Project: http://www.europsy-efpa.eu/
European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations: http://www.efpa.eu/
Luxembourg Psychological Society: https://www.slp.lu
Luxembourg Register of Certified Psychologists: https://www.slp.lu/psylux
Register of EuroPsy Psychologists: http://www.europsy-efpa.eu/register-certificate
EuroPsy Reports will be published here.